Required Commercial Insurance in New York

Every state has laws about what types of commercial insurance are required for most businesses. While there are many other types of coverage recommended for certain types of businesses, only two are required. If you need required commercial insurance, contact us at VAC Insurance Agency in Brooklyn, NY.

Workers’ Compensation

This insurance type is required by state law for every business of every kind with any number of employees. This is in effect whether they are part-time or full-time. This coverage pays for the medical bills that become due after an employee is injured at work. This protects them by making these funds available to them after an accident, but it also protects your company. It pays those bills so that your business isn’t sued to recover them. 

Commercial Auto

Every business that owns a vehicle must cover it with commercial auto insurance. There are a lot of different types of commercial auto coverage that are required under New York law. These include specific monetary amounts in coverage that cover both one person who is injured and another for everyone who was. The coverage must also include a set minimum amount for death liability for one person and another amount for the death liability for everyone who dies in the accident. Another minimum amount is set for personal injury protection, which covers your own injuries in an accident. There is also coverage required for property damage that you are liable for. There is another minimum amount set for coverage for accidents with an uninsured motorist. This includes an amount for one person injured and another for everyone injured. 

Get Commercial Insurance Coverage

When you own a business in New York, it’s important to have the right kinds of commercial insurance to keep your company running legally. If you need commercial coverage, call us at VAC Insurance Agency in Brooklyn, NY.